1. Monitoring organizations and analysts say that President Bashar Assad’s government has killed far more people in Syria this year than the Islamic State, even as the extremist group grabs headlines with its shocking brutality.
2. Airstrikes from a Saudi-led coalition destroyed a key rebel encampment in Yemen’s capital on Sunday, rocking downtown with blasts that also hit a school, restaurants and embassies.
3. Unconfirmed reports suggesting that Russia was planning to expand its military support for Syrian President Bashar Assad prompted a warning from the U.S. that such actions could lead to a confrontation with coalition forces.
4. Hamas said on Sunday that any long-term truce agreement with Israel should include the reopening of the airport and the building of a seaport in the Gaza Strip.
5. Over 1,000 people have been killed by terror group Boko Haram in the first 100 days of Nigerian President Buhari’s reign, while close to 2.1 million have been internally displaced.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Nehemiah 2:20.
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis: He said, “The doctrine of the Second Coming teaches us that we do not and cannot know when the world drama will end. The curtain may be rung down at any moment. We do not know the play. The Author knows. The audience, if there is an audience (if angels and archangels and all the company of heaven fill the pit and the stalls), may have an inkling… When it is over, we may be told. We are led to expect that the Author will have something to say to each of us on the part that each of us has played. The playing it well is what matters infinitely.”