1. Turkey announced on Saturday that its fighter jets have carried out their first airstrikes as part of the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State group in Syria.
2. President Obama on Friday insisted that disagreements over the Iran nuclear deal would not damage the “unbreakable bond” between Israel and the United States during an unprecedented Web address aimed at shoring up support for the agreement from American Jews.
3. The persecution of Christians in China appeared to have “entered a new phase” with the arrest early this week of at least nine Christians protesting the state’s ongoing campaign to remove crosses in churches.
4. The United States will be isolated on the world stage and its influence diminished if Congress rejects the Iran nuclear deal, the US ambassador to the United Nations has warned.
5. Officials and media reports say three attacks or clashes between Turkish security forces and Kurdish rebels have killed five people and injured 24 others in southeast Turkey.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Chronicles 7:12-15.
Our second coming quote for today is from Vance Havner: He said, “Some of the saints are SINGING about the Second Coming, but it is one thing just to sing the national anthem during the war and quite another to go into battle. The best evidence that the Lord’s return has really gotten hold of us is when we occupy till He come, do business for God, and buy up the opportunities, because the days are evil.”