1. The United States plans to increase the number of military and humanitarian drills it conducts in the Asia-Pacific as part of a new strategy to counter China’s rapid expansion in the South China Sea.
2. Nearly 200 retired U.S. generals, admirals and former political officials have come out strongly against the Iran nuclear accord, and have called upon Congress to sink the agreement on the grounds that it will “enable Iran to become far more dangerous.”
3. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi on Wednesday called for a coalition to combat terrorism in the Middle East.
4. The Taliban seized a district headquarters in Afghanistan’s Helmand province on Monday despite U.S. air strikes to repel them, and two NATO soldiers were shot dead by uniformed men on an army base in the area, a stronghold for militants and opium.
5. Jerusalem has seen a sharp increase in violent security incidents, with 580 such incidents against civilians or security forces recorded over the past two months.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 1 Chronicles 21:9-13.
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon: He said, “Apart from the second advent of our Lord, the world is more likely to sink into a pandemonium than to rise into a millennium.”