1. In an impassioned speech to mark Independence Day on Monday, Ukraine’s president vowed to increase troop numbers to fend off attacks by Russia-backed separatist rebels and warned his countrymen that there is still the threat of a “large-scale invasion.”
2. A senior Israeli security official said the Israeli military is readier now than it ever has been to carry out a strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities should it be instructed to do so.
3. Two years from now, on Aug. 21, 2017, North Americans will get an opportunity to witness a total solar eclipse where the sky will darken and the stars will shine in the middle of a summer day.
4. A senior Iranian official on Tuesday said Israel “should be annihilated,” and that the thawing relations with the West would not translate into a shift in Tehran’s position concerning the Jewish state.
5. A Coptic Christian in Egypt arrested for handing out Bibles will be put on trial after having his detention extended.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Kings 23:26-27.
Our second coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan: He said, “To me the second coming is the perpetual light on the path which makes the present bearable. I never lay my head on the pillow without thinking that perhaps before the morning breaks, the final morning may have dawned. I never begin my work without thinking that He may interrupt my work and begin His own. This is now His word to all believing souls — ‘Till I come.’ We are not looking for death, we are looking for Him.”