1. Turkey’s foreign minister announces on Monday that Turkey and the United States will soon launch “comprehensive” air operations to flush Islamic State fighters from a zone in northern Syria bordering Turkey.
2. North and South Korea have steered military tensions away from the threat of imminent confrontation, announcing an agreement over a series of recent flashpoints.
3. U.S. Marines accompanied by tanks, artillery, and light-armored reconnaissance vehicles have arrived in Bulgaria, as part of a plan to train with allies to improve weapons skills and anti-armor tactics.
4. New NASA satellite imagery shows that California is sinking even faster than scientists had thought.
5. Air Force Secretary Deborah James said on Monday that the United States will deploy F-22 fighter jets to Europe very soon as part of a broader effort to support eastern European members of the NATO alliance unnerved by Russia’s intervention in Ukraine.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Kings 22:16-20.
Our second coming quote for today is from Harry Heintz: He said, “During his 1960 presidential campaign, John F. Kennedy often closed his speeches with the story of Colonel Davenport, the Speaker of the Connecticut House of Representatives: On May 19th, 1780 the sky of Hartford darkened ominously, and some of the representatives, glancing out the windows, feared the end was at hand. Quelling a clamor for immediate adjournment, Davenport rose and said, ‘The Day of Judgment is either approaching or it is not. If it is not, there is no cause for adjournment. If it is, I choose to be found doing my duty. Therefore, I wish that candles be brought.’ Rather than fearing what is to come, we are to be faithful till Christ returns. Instead of fearing the dark, we’re to be lights as we watch and wait.”