1. This summer’s wildfire season in the United States is now exceptional for its high number of big fires. In all, 259 wildfires are burning in 17 states, mostly in the West and Southwest.
2. Talks between North Korea and South Korea on how to lower tensions continued into the early hours of Monday, as Kim Jong Un stepped up the mobilization of his forces.
3. Iran’s foreign minister said on Sunday that it was too early to talk of reopening the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, as Britain restored its diplomatic mission four years after protesters ransacked the British ambassador’s residence.
4. Pakistan said militants firing from Afghan territory killed four of its soldiers along the border on Sunday, as tensions continued to rise between the neighbours.
5. U.S. defense officials say Russia is nearing deployment of a new missile capable of targeting all of Europe with nuclear or conventional warheads.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Kings 20:16-17 which reads: “And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord. Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “The idea which shuts out the Second Coming from our minds — the idea of the world slowly ripening to perfection — is a myth, not a generalization from experience.”