1. Dan Shapiro, the US ambassador to Israel, said on Monday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been ignoring appeals to begin talks on ramped up security cooperation with the US based on the assumption that Congress will approve the nuclear deal with Iran.
2. The conclusion of a new astronomical study pulls no punches, stating that “the Universe is slowly dying.” Astronomers have believed as much for years, but the new findings establish the cosmos’ decline with unprecedented precision.
3. The Temple Institute, a 28-year-old organization that has built more than 70 artifacts that can be used when a Third Temple is built, has launched a new project to import frozen embryos from Red Angus cattle in the United States to create a herd of kosher red heifers in Israel.
4. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Zarif’s visit to Turkey was cancelled on Tuesday, when he had been expected to present the Islamic Republic’s recently developed initiative to reach a peace deal in Syria.
5. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will visit Tehran in the coming months as part of a PA effort to strengthen ties with the Islamic republic.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Kings 7:1-2 which reads: “Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon. He said: “If I knew that our Lord would come this evening, I should preach just as I mean to preach; and if I knew he would come during this sermon, I would go on preaching until he did.”