1. A wave of attacks on the Afghan army and police and U.S. special forces in Kabul have killed at least 50 people and wounded hundreds, dimming hopes that the Taliban might be weakened by a leadership struggle after their longtime leader’s death.
2. A powerful typhoon has brought chaos to parts of south-eastern China, with thousands evacuated and millions of homes left without power.
3. In his latest attempt to sell the public on the merits of the Iran nuclear agreement, President Barack Obama told an American news magazine earlier this week that he was not naive about the threats against Israel made by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Islamic Republic’s supreme leader.
4. Twenty-nine of the nation’s top scientists — including Nobel laureates, veteran makers of nuclear arms and former White House science advisers — wrote to President Obama on Saturday to praise the Iran deal, calling it innovative and stringent.
5. Former Israeli Consul General in Los Angeles, Jacob Dayan, said on Thursday that “Arab states are seeing the power Israel has in Washington.” He said, “There is no doubt that damage has been caused by the Obama-Netanyahu relationship, but all the countries looking on from the side are watching the prime minister wage a fight as an equal versus President Obama on his home court.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Kings 5:10 which reads: “And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Samuel Rutherford. He said: “Oh, that Christ would make long strides! Oh, that he would fold up the heavens as a cloak, and shovel time and days out of the way!”