1. Last September, the administration announced the start of a war on ISIS. One year later, however, ISIS doesn’t seem to be shrinking. One U.S. official said, “ISIS’s international branches are growing like crazy.’”
2. Japan’s Defense Ministry wants to buy an advanced Aegis radar-equipped destroyer and more F-35 fighters under its largest-ever budget to bolster the defense of southern islands amid a territorial dispute with China.
3. A Palestinian security source was quoted as saying on Sunday that Hezbollah has been working intensively to enlist former operatives from Fatah’s armed wing in order to carry out terror attacks against Israeli targets in the West Bank and inside Israel.
4. The Obama administration is developing a package of unprecedented economic sanctions against Chinese companies and individuals who have benefited from their government’s cybertheft of valuable U.S. trade secrets.
5. The full Moon in September will be both the darkest and brightest of the year — and some have said that the Blood Moon could be a possible sign of the apocalypse.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Chronicles 20:37.
Our second coming quote for today is from Vance Havner: He said, “When I studied arithmetic, I remembered that the answers were in the back of the book. No matter how I floundered among my problems, the correct solution was on the last page. I have failed often in working out life’s problems, and I dwell in the midst of a people who are hopelessly trying to untangle the riddle of this present age. But I am cheered by one unfailing uncertainty — there is a Book that solves the enigma, and the answer is in the back of that Book.”