1. The former head of Israel’s vaunted intelligence agency Mossad said on Sunday that the nuclear deal struck between Iran and Western powers offers Jerusalem an opening to join “a new Middle Eastern order.”
2. A U.S. Geological Survey scientist said the fault that produced a 4.0-magnitude earthquake in Fremont, CA, early Tuesday morning is expected to produce a major earthquake “any day now” and Bay Area residents should be prepared.
3. A day after German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel urged Iran to improve its ties with Israel, an Iranian government spokeswoman rejected the call to do so, stating that the Shiite nation’s stance on Israel had not changed following last week’s historic nuclear accord.
4. U.S. defense officials said two Russian nuclear bombers flew within 40 miles of the California coast and one of the pilots relayed a veiled threat during the Fourth of July aerial incident.
5. South Korea’s Yonhap news agency reported on Wednesday that North Korea is preparing to launch a new, long-range rocket, possibly in October, having completed an upgrade at its main satellite launch base.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 1 Kings 14:7-10 which reads: “Go, tell Jeroboam, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Forasmuch as I exalted thee from among the people, and made thee prince over my people Israel, And rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and yet thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in mine eyes; But hast done evil above all that were before thee: for thou hast gone and made thee other gods, and molten images, to provoke me to anger, and hast cast me behind thy back: Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.”
Our second coming quote for today is from George Whitefield. He said: “I am daily waiting for the coming of the Son of God.”