1. The United Nations Security Council on Monday endorsed a deal to curb Iran’s nuclear programme in return for sanctions relief, but it will be able to re-impose U.N. penalties during the next decade if Tehran breaches the historic agreement.
2. The Roman Catholic Church lauded the nuclear deal struck between Iran and world powers last week, asserting that it views the agreement in “a positive light.”
3. David Cameron pledged to help America “destroy” ISIS extremists in Syria as he gave his clearest signal yet that UK forces could be asked to join air strikes.
4. German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel, who is also Germany’s economy minister, said on Sunday that Iran must recognize Israel in order to have economic relations with Germany.
5. The U.S. deputy secretary of Homeland Security and the top Israeli official handling cybersecurity have cosigned a statement committing to US-Israel cooperation in the area.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 1 Kings 11:30-32 which reads: “And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the Lord unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense. And he cried against the altar in the word of the Lord, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the Lord; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men’s bones shall be burnt upon thee. And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the Lord hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Trapp. He said: “This is pinned as a badge to the sleeve of every true believer—that he looks for and longs for Christ’s coming to judgement.”