1. General Ray Odierno said on Friday that the U.S. Army is far more heavily engaged around the world than projected when it began slashing force size several years ago, and its commitments will be hard to maintain in the long run as troop numbers shrink.
2. Saudi Arabia said on Saturday that it broke up planned Islamic State attacks in the kingdom, announcing that it has arrested over 400 people in its raids.
3. Iran’s supreme leader on Saturday hailed the Iranian masses for demanding the destruction of Israel and America, and said he hoped that God would answer their prayers.
4. Israel signaled on Friday that it would ask the United States for increased military aid to counter any threats that may arise as result of the international agreement on Iran’s nuclear program.
5. A senior Israeli official has warned that the new nuclear deal with Iran gives Tehran full legitimacy to engage in further atomic work and will set off a regional nuclear and conventional arms race.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 1 Kings 11:30-32 which reads: ” And Ahijah caught the new garment that was on him, and rent it in twelve pieces: And he said to Jeroboam, Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee: (But he shall have one tribe for my servant David’s sake, and for Jerusalem’s sake, the city which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel:)”
Our second coming quote for today is from R.A. Torrey. He said: “The imminent return of our Lord is the great Bible argument for a pure, unselfish, devoted, unworldly, active life of service.”