1. The exiled prime minister of Yemen said early Friday that Saudi-backed forces in Aden had “completely liberated” the southern city from the Houthi rebels who have been fighting to control it for nearly four months.
2. Egypt’s Islamic State affiliate said on Thursday that it fired a rocket at an Egyptian naval vessel in the Mediterranean Sea near the coast of Israel and the Gaza Strip.
3. President Barack Obama may find Gulf allies more receptive than Israel to his offer to “double down” on security cooperation in the immediate aftermath of this week’s Iran nuclear deal, even though concerns run deep in both camps.
4. The UK’s Ministry of Defense confirmed on Friday that British pilots have been conducting airstrikes in Syria as part of the American-led coalition against Islamic State militants, even though Parliament voted two years ago against military action there.
5. The Lebanese Army received a fresh batch of weapons and ammunition from China on Thursday, two weeks after receiving a similar shipment.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we will continue looking at today is 1 Kings 9:1-7 which reads: “And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the Lord, and the king’s house, and all Solomon’s desire which he was pleased to do…”
Our second coming quote for today is from J. Hudson Taylor. He said: “Since he may come any day, it is well to be ready every day.”