1. After arduous talks that spanned 20 months, negotiators have reached a landmark deal aimed at reining in Iran’s nuclear program.
2. Iraqi troops and Shi’ite Muslim militia forces attacked Islamic State fighters on several fronts in the country’s largest province on Monday, saying the battle to drive the hardline militants out of Anbar was under way.
3. A senior member of the House Committee on Armed Services said on Wednesday that Russia is emerging as a new strategic nuclear threat to the United States.
4. China is urging the Philippines to ditch its attempt to solve South China Sea territorial disputes with an international tribunal and instead negotiate with Beijing directly, following the arbitration panel’s latest request for input from China.
5. Kurdish militants say they will attack Turkey’s dam construction sites in the mainly Kurdish southeast, another blow to a fragile peace process meant to end a three-decade insurgency.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we will continue looking at today is 2 Samuel 24:2-4 which reads: “For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people. And Joab said unto the king, Now the Lord thy God add unto the people, how many soever they be, an hundredfold, and that the eyes of my lord the king may see it: but why doth my lord the king delight in this thing? Notwithstanding the king’s word prevailed against Joab, and against the captains of the host. And Joab and the captains of the host went out from the presence of the king, to number the people of Israel.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said: “Uncertainty about the date of the Lord’s return is calculated to keep believers in an attitude of constant expectation and to preserve them from despondency.”