1. US-led coalition aircraft unleashed a series of airstrikes targeting the Islamic State group’s stronghold of Raqqa in eastern Syria, killing at least 10 militants and wounding many others.
2. The Syrian army and Lebanese Hezbollah fighters said on Sunday they had entered a rebel-held city on the second day of a major offensive to capture the border area around the Beirut-Damascus highway.
3. Speaking at the opening of his weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu said that “what’s coming out of the nuclear talks in Vienna is not a breakthrough, it’s a breakdown.”
4. Greeks voted overwhelmingly “No” on Sunday in a historic bailout referendum, defying warnings from across Europe that rejecting new austerity terms for fresh financial aid would set their country on a path out of the euro.
5. Tunisia’s President declared a state of emergency on Saturday, saying the Islamist militant attack on a beach hotel that killed 38 foreigners had left the country “in a state of war”.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we will continue looking at today is 2 Samuel 7:8-9 which reads: “Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel: And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “Precisely because we cannot predict the moment, we must be ready at all moments.”