1. The captain of a U.S. coastal combat ship that has patrolled the disputed South China Sea and encountered a Chinese ship last month says the U.S. expects more encounters at sea with Chinese navy vessels.
2. Israel said on Monday that it would “seriously” evaluate the United Nations Human Rights Council inquiry on the Gaza conflict, while politicians from left and right slammed the international body for bias and declared that the international investigators lacked access to evidence.
3. The European Union approved an extension of economic sanctions against Russia on Monday in protest against the Kremlin’s aggressive policies in Ukraine.
4. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius met with Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas in Jerusalem in a push to revive peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
5. The Philippines launched separate naval exercises with the United States and Japan on Monday on an island province facing the disputed South China Sea, displaying its security alliances amid an increasingly tense territorial rift with Beijing.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 23:10-12 which reads: “Then said David, O Lord God of Israel, thy servant hath certainly heard that Saul seeketh to come to Keilah, to destroy the city for my sake. Will the men of Keilah deliver me up into his hand? will Saul come down, as thy servant hath heard? O Lord God of Israel, I beseech thee, tell thy servant. And the Lord said, He will come down. Then said David, Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul? And the Lord said, They will deliver thee up.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “The idea which shuts out the Second Coming from our minds, the idea of the world slowly ripening to perfection, is a myth, not a generalization from experience.”