1. ISIS is using Libya as an access point into Europe and the U.S., taking advantage of the unstable, chaotic condition of the troubled country. The Italian government intercepted over 30 ISIS fighters recently who entered through Libya, but many more may not have been captured.
2. The British defence secretary indicated on Wednesday that Great Britain and its NATO allies are in a Cold War-style arms race with Russia.
3. North Korea has been hit by what it describes as its worst drought in a century, which could worsen chronic food shortages in a country where the United Nations says almost a third of children under five are stunted because of poor nutrition.
4. A new study led by the University of California at Irvine has reported that about one third of Earth’s largest groundwater reserves are being rapidly depleted by human consumption.
5. The foreign ministers of Russia and Germany spoke on Wednesday and agreed on the importance of ending fighting in eastern Ukraine immediately.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 15:26-29 which reads: ” And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord hath rejected thee from being king over Israel. And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent. And Samuel said unto him, The Lord hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou. And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Stephen Travis. He said: “The Christian hope is not a matter for tickling our minds, but for changing our minds and influencing society.”