1. In a significant move to deter possible Russian aggression in Europe, the Pentagon is poised to store battle tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and other heavy weapons for as many as 5,000 American troops in several Baltic and Eastern European countries.
2. A former British military chief has said that there are “uncomfortable similarities” between the state of Great Britain’s defences now and the period during which Hitler and the Nazis were on the rise.
3. More than a dozen weak earthquakes have shaken rural Alabama recently and geologists are trying to figure out what is causing the seismic swarm in an area of the South more prone to tornadoes than earthquakes.
4. The World Health Organization said on Saturday that it would hold an emergency meeting on Tuesday to consider South Korea’s outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), which it described as “large and complex.”
5. Kurdish-led militia assisted by US-led airstrikes fought Islamic State militants near a Syrian town at the Turkish border on Sunday in an advance that has worried Turkey.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 13:13-14 which reads: “And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever. But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.”
Our second coming quote for today is from R.A. Torrey. He said: “The imminent return of our Lord is the great Bible argument for a pure, unselfish, devoted, unworldly, active life of service.”