1. Fears over the rise of the Islamic State group in Afghanistan are spawning some unlikely alliances in the region. A report by the Wall Street Journal, which cited Afghan and U.S. officials, has revealed that Iran — a Shiite powerhouse currently engaged in proxy and direct wars with several Sunni states and groups — is now providing weapons, ammunition and funds to the Taliban.
2. Russia’s negotiator said on Friday there has been a “very worrying” slowdown in progress in nuclear talks between Iran and six major powers ahead of a June 30 deadline to finalize a historic accord.
3. Two of al-Qaida’s most important spiritual leaders have reportedly revealed that the terror group is no longer a functional organisation after being ripped apart by the Iraq and Syria-based Islamic State.
4. U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter met a top Chinese general on Thursday and repeated a U.S. call for a halt to land reclamation in the South China Sea, while stressing that the Pentagon remained committed to expanding military contacts with China.
5. The Chinese defence ministry on Friday confirmed it had tested a supersonic nuclear delivery vehicle in a move the United States has called an “extreme manoeuvre” amid tensions in the South China Sea.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 12:13-15 which reads: “Now therefore behold the king whom ye have chosen, and whom ye have desired! and, behold, the Lord hath set a king over you. If ye will fear the Lord, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not rebel against the commandment of the Lord, then shall both ye and also the king that reigneth over you continue following the Lord your God: But if ye will not obey the voice of the Lord, but rebel against the commandment of the Lord, then shall the hand of the Lord be against you, as it was against your fathers.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John R. W. Stott. He said: “He who came in humility and shame will return in spectacular magnificence.”