1. Israel’s defense minister said on Tuesday that he did not believe a stable peace agreement could be reached with the Palestinians in his lifetime – one of the bleakest assessments from a top-level cabinet member since talks collapsed last year.
2. President Obama said on Monday that his top national security advisers were still working to solidify training plans for Iraqi defense forces battling ISIS in their own country.
3. Yemen’s exiled President Mansour Hadi has played down next week’s talks in Geneva between his country’s warring parties, saying they will only address ways to implement a Security Council resolution demanding his enemies retreat.
4. A day after a rocket fired from Gaza hit Israel’s south, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu leveled harsh criticism at the international community for its silence over a recent spate of rocket attacks while warning that a strong reprisal was forthcoming.
5. The Philippines and Japan will hold naval drills this month amid concerns over China’s aggressive expansion in the South China Sea.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 7:3 which reads: “And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the Lord, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said: “There shall be no time for parting words or a change of mind when the Lord appears.”