1. Israeli fighter jets have bombed targets in the northern Gaza Strip for the second time in three days after a Palestinian group said it carried out a rocket attack on the Israeli city of Ashkelon.
2. Saudi Arabia said it shot down a Scud missile fired by Yemen’s Shiite rebels and their allies early on Saturday at a Saudi city that is home to a large air base, marking a major escalation in the months long war.
3. South Korea reported a jump in cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) on Monday while an 80-year-old man became the sixth fatality from the outbreak in the country and other Asian nations began taking preventive measures against the disease.
4. A Malaysian official says the bodies of nine more climbers have been recovered from the country’s highest peak a day after it was struck by a strong earthquake, bringing the total dead to 11.
5. President Vladimir Putin of Russia called on the United States and Europe to pressure the Ukrainian government to comply with a cease-fire accord, saying that Russia would do what it could to influence separatists in the eastern Ukrainian regions but held no sway in Kiev, the capital.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 6:8-9 which reads: “And take the ark of the Lord, and lay it upon the cart; and put the jewels of gold, which ye return him for a trespass offering, in a coffer by the side thereof; and send it away, that it may go. And see, if it goeth up by the way of his own coast to Beth-shemesh, then he hath done us this great evil: but if not, then we shall know that it is not his hand that smote us: it was a chance that happened to us.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Samuel Rutherford. He said: “Oh, that Christ would make long strides! Oh, that he would fold up the heavens as a cloak, and shovel time and days out of the way!”