1. Salafi terrorists in Gaza who have aligned with Islamic State on Thursday claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s launching of two rockets at Israel and vowed more attacks on the Jewish state.
2. Iran’s revolutionary court imposed harsh prison sentences last week on 18 Christian converts for charges including evangelism, propaganda against the regime, and creating house churches to practice their faith.
3. Top U.S. defense officials and diplomats gathered in Stuttgart, Germany on Friday to discuss how to counter what is widely seen as Russia’s military moves in Ukraine and address concerns among allies about Moscow’s aggression, following an upsurge of fighting between the Ukrainian military and Russia-backed rebels.
4. An operation by Iraq to retake the key Sunni city of Ramadi from Islamic State militants has bogged down, exposing the weakness of Iraq’s forces and the limitations of air support from a U.S.-led coalition.
5. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has warned of a ‘colossal threat’ of renewed fighting with pro-Russian rebels after a surge in violence that left at least 26 people dead.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 2:35-36 which reads: “And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever. And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests’ offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Pollock. He said: “Millions of graves are dug every year, but it is inspiring to think that one generation of Christians will cheat the undertaker.”