1. Since the beginning of 2014, representatives from Israel and Saudi Arabia have had five secret meetings to discuss a common foe — Iran.
2. Israel Air Force jets struck targets in the area of the Lebanon-Syrian border on Tuesday.
3. The Obama administration is weighing a range of aggressive responses to Russia’s alleged violation of a Cold War-era nuclear treaty, including deploying land-based missiles in Europe that could pre-emptively destroy the Russian weapons.
4. The defense framework signed with India this week during Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s trip to the Pacific is the most recent step in U.S. efforts to put together a coalition to counter China’s growing influence, including its aggression in the South China Sea.
5. A strong 6.0-magnitude earthquake rocked the district of Sabah on Malaysia’s Borneo island early on Friday, but there were no initial reports of damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 2:30-31 which reads: “Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father’s house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Andrew Murray. He said: “There is such a danger of our being so occupied with the things that are to come more than with him who is to come.”