1. Syrian rebels appealed for U.S. airstrikes to counter a new offensive by the Islamic State in the northern province of Aleppo that could reshape the battlefield in Syria.
2. The United States has accused the Syrian military of carrying out airstrikes to help Islamic State fighters advance around the northern city of Aleppo.
3. The release of a new film, “San Andreas”, has triggered a scientific debate over whether the catastrophe shown in the movie could happen in real life.
4. Senior figures from Yemen’s dominant Houthi group are holding talks with U.S. officials in Oman to advance efforts to resolve the conflict in Yemen.
5. South Korea reported on Tuesday two deaths from Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, the first since an outbreak that has affected 25 people in two weeks.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 2:20-21 which reads: “And Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, The Lord give thee seed of this woman for the loan which is lent to the Lord. And they went unto their own home. And the Lord visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the Lord.”
Our second coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan. He said: “I never begin my work in the morning without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my work and begin his own. I am not looking for death, I am looking for him.”