1. President Barack Obama told Israeli television that the emerging deal between Iran and world powers is the only way to prevent Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons, and that “a military solution will not fix it.”
2. More than 680 people in South Korea are isolated after having contact with patients infected with a virus that has killed hundreds of people in the Middle East.
3. Israel has been briefly jolted back into last summer’s ordeal with rockets, sirens and army maneuvers which began on Sunday, as the military’s Home Front Command holds a yearly emergency drill simulating three enemies attacking the country at once.
4. Iran says a magnitude-4.4 earthquake has jolted a sparsely populated district some 70 miles northwest of Bushehr, home to the Islamic Republic’s only operational nuclear power plant.
5. More than 120,000 critically endangered saiga antelopes — more than one-third of the worldwide population — have died in Kazakhstan since mid-May, and the cause of the “catastrophic collapse” is unclear.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 2:10 which reads: “The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the Lord shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Thomas V. Moore. He said: “Christ is coming to the earth, in such form at least as shall fulfil his purposes of mercy to his friends and justice to his foes.”