1. As China rapidly builds new artificial islands in the South China Sea to expand its territory claim there, Washington is adamantly refusing to recognize those claims.
2. The Russian state news agency RIA reported on Saturday that Russian military aircraft were scrambled to head off a U.S. warship that was acting “aggressively” in the Black Sea.
3. Twelve people suffered minor injuries and businesses returned to normal Sunday after a powerful earthquake near remote Japanese islands shook most of the country the previous night, but it was well beneath the earth’s surface and did not trigger a tsunami.
4. The US and Iran have resumed top-level efforts to reach a nuclear accord by a June 30 deadline, with both sides saying difficult issues cloud the outlook for success in the negotiations.
5. A year on from the start of the war against ISIS and a shaky alliance of the Middle East’s major Arab powers, with the limited support of the reluctant US government, has failed to contain the expansion of ISIS.
6. The Indian Minister of State for Defence says his country is concerned that extremist groups such as the Islamic State may get their hands on nuclear arms from Pakistan.
7. On May 20, South Korean officials confirmed what was Asia’s first-ever case of a potentially deadly coronavirus called Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.
8. The United States tried to deploy a version of the Stuxnet computer virus to attack North Korea’s nuclear weapons program five years ago but ultimately failed.
9. Former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy said on Thursday that one of Hezbollah’s recent achievements has been boosting Israel’s security.
10. A North Korean defector said hackers in North Korea are capable of launching attacks that could kill people and destroy cities.
The Bible says in John 5:28-29: “Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from John Piper. He said: “The second coming of Christ is the completion of His saving work. If you take it away, the whole fabric of His saving work unravels.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.