1. Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said on Wednesday that Israel has no intention of ignoring rocket fire on its citizens, adding that “elements in Islamic Jihad” carried out Tuesday’s attack.
2. Russia’s army is massing troops and hundreds of pieces of weaponry including mobile rocket launchers, tanks and artillery at a makeshift base near the border with Ukraine.
3. The Iranian regime is sending mixed signals these days. While its president, Hassan Rouhani, speaks of moderation, its military, led by the high command of the Revolutionary Guards, continues with its saber-rattling.
4. An unnamed source said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini last week that Israel is prepared to resume negotiations with the Palestinians and to define boundaries for the major settlement blocs in the West Bank.
5. U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter strongly defended U.S. flights over artificial islands that Beijing is building in the South China Sea on Wednesday, but did not give any indication of what the U.S. was willing to do to stop the buildup.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Ruth 4:13-15 which reads: “So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the Lord gave her conception, and she bare a son. And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel. And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life…”
Our second coming quote for today is from D.L. Moody. He said: “I never preach a sermon without thinking that possibly the Lord may come before I preach another.”