1. About 100 fighter jets from the United States and eight European nations began an Arctic training exercise in the Nordic nations on Monday, a region worried by increased Russian military activity.
2. While President Obama still opposes the use of combat ground troops in Iraq, the White House admits that he still wants the option of sending in special forces for combat operations against Islamic State terrorists.
3. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Israel is blocking peace by continuing to expand settlements on occupied territory, but reaffirmed his support for a two-state solution based on the pre-1967 border.
4. An Iranian negotiator on Sunday denied accepting military site inspections as part of a nuclear deal with world powers, a delicate issue in talks that must be concluded by the end of June.
5. Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said Hezbollah is in a dire state — its worst since the onslaught of the 1982 First Lebanon War — and is on the brink of mobilizing its troops for reinforcement in a battle for survival.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Judges 13:5 which reads: “For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Alexander Maclaren. He said: “The primitive church thought a great deal more about the coming of Christ than about death, and thought a great deal more about his coming than about heaven.”