1. Iran on Wednesday accused Israel of threatening the Islamic Republic with a nuclear strike, telling the UN Security Council that recent comments by Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon were proof of “the regime’s aggressive nature.”
2. Activists said on Thursday that Islamic State extremists have seized more than half of Syria after taking full control of the town of Palmyra and its ancient ruins.
3. After exercising restraint in its nuclear weapons program for decades, China has made the choice of upgrading its arsenal in a way that raises concerns about its intentions, introduces new uncertainty in Asia and could add more fuel to a regional arms race.
4. France’s upcoming bid for a renewed Middle East peace push at the UN sets a timetable of 18 months for a final status agreement between Israel and the Palestinians and threatens French recognition of Palestine should negotiations fail.
5. North Korea claimed on Wednesday that it has been able to make nuclear warheads small enough to fit on a missile — a development that, if verified, would mark a major advance in the country’s military capabilities and the threat it can pose to the world.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Judges 10:13-15 which reads: “And the Lord said unto the children of Israel… Ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more. Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation. And the children of Israel said unto the Lord, We have sinned: do thou unto us whatsoever seemeth good unto thee; deliver us only, we pray thee, this day.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said: “Christ will come when he pleases, to show his sovereignty, and will not let us know when, to teach us our duty.”