Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. US sources said Saudi Arabia has reached out to its ally Pakistan to acquire “off-the-shelf” atomic weapons as a nuclear arms race begins to shape up with Shiite rival Iran.
2. The Palestinian decision to internationalize their conflict with Israel seems to be paying off as Israel is coming under diplomatic pressure on several fronts at the same time.
3. A 6.3-magnitude earthquake hit Nepal on Saturday as the country was still recovering from previous earthquakes in recent weeks.
4. An adviser to the Libyan government has said that Islamic State fighters are being smuggled into Europe by gangs in the Mediterranean. Abdul Haroun said smugglers were hiding ISIS militants on boats filled with migrants.
5. The Palestinian Authority has submitted an official request to the International Criminal Court (ICC) to set a date for filing lawsuits against Israel.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Judges 6:14 which reads: “And the Lord looked upon [Gideon], and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?”
Our second coming quote for today is from William Gurnall. He said: “Christ hath told us he will come, but not when, that we might never put off our clothes, or put out the candle.”