1. Yemen’s Houthi rebels said on Sunday that they had agreed to a five-day cease-fire proposed by Saudi Arabia that would allow desperately needed humanitarian relief supplies to be delivered to the country.
2. The U.S. military increased security at bases Friday amid fresh concerns about a homegrown ISIS-inspired attack.
3. While Russia’s military parade to mark the 70th anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany allowed President Vladimir Putin to display Russia’s military prowess, it also underlined his isolation from the countries that fought alongside Russia in World War II.
4. Fighting between police forces and members of an armed group has continued for a second day in the northern Macedonian town of Kumanovo.
5. A senior U.S defense official said on Friday that China’s mysterious campaign to build artificial islands in disputed waters of the South China Sea has grown to cover roughly 2,000 acres. The Pentagon issued a report warning the sites could be used to bolster the country’s military infrastructure.
6. North Korea boasted on Saturday it had test-fired a secret new ballistic missile from a submarine and declared the firing a success.
7. The pro-Russian rebels fighting government forces in eastern Ukraine said they’d scored a “breakthrough” in talks after the country suffered its deadliest day since mid-April.
8. A Chinese province where authorities have forcibly removed hundreds of rooftop crosses from Protestant and Catholic churches has proposed a ban on any further placement of the religious symbol atop sanctuaries.
9. In a rare public appearance, Syrian President Bashar Assad said on Wednesday that setbacks are a normal part of war and do not mean the conflict is lost, in his first comments after several regime defeats.
10. The Hawaiian Volcano Observatory says a magnitude-4.5 earthquake jolted the Big Island of Hawaii.
The Bible says in Luke 9:26: “For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “The doctrine of the Second Coming teaches us that we do not and cannot know when the world drama will end. The curtain may be rung down at any moment… This seems to some people intolerably frustrating… We do not know the play… The Author knows. The audience, if there is an audience (if angels and archangels and all the company of heaven fill the pit and the stalls) may have an inkling… When it is over, we may be told. We are led to expect that the Author will have something to say to each of us on the part that each of us has played. The playing it well is what matters infinitely.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.