1. Yemeni fighters who are believed to have received training and weapons in the Persian Gulf entered combat around the southern city of Aden on Sunday, joining with militiamen who are battling Houthi rebels.
2. U.S. and Arab officials have indicated that leading Persian Gulf states want major new weapons systems and security guarantees from the White House in exchange for backing a nuclear agreement with Iran.
3. Tensions have flared along Israel’s northern border for the second time this year, following a suspected Israeli Air Force attack on weapon deliveries to Hezbollah.
4. US warships protecting American-flagged ships in the Strait of Hormuz may extend assistance to other countries’ vessels after reports of Iranian forces harassing shipping.
5. A moderate earthquake shook southwestern Michigan midday on Saturday and was felt across Lake Michigan in Chicago and its suburbs and as far east as Toledo, Ohio, and Detroit.
6. Two nuclear-capable Russian bombers reportedly intruded into the U.S. air defense zone near Alaska last week.
7. Runway damage forced Nepalese authorities to close the main airport Sunday to large aircraft delivering aid to millions of people following the massive earthquake, but U.N. officials said the overall logistics situation was improving. The death toll climbed to 7,276.
8. A 5.7-magnitude earthquake has struck 168 km from Japan’s Hachijo-jima island.
9. A confidential UN report seen by the AFP reveals that Iran has been shipping weapons to Yemen’s Houthi rebels since at least 2009. The report indicates that Tehran’s support for the rebels dates back to the early years of the Shiite militia’s insurgency.
10. A series of victories by Islamist rebels against the Syrian regime is raising the prospect of a sea change in the momentum of a war in which the endurance of Bashar al-Assad has for years seemed to many as a given.
The Bible says in Colossians 3:4: “When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Alexander Maclaren. He said: “The primitive church thought more about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ than about death or about heaven. The early Christians were looking not for a cleft in the ground called a grave but for a cleavage in the sky called Glory.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.