1. On the heels of Iran seizing a cargo ship, U.S. Navy ships will begin to accompany commercial ships as they travel through the Strait of Hormuz.
2. NATO’s top commander told the U.S. Congress on Thursday that Russia’s military may be taking advantage of a recent lull in fighting in eastern Ukraine to lay the groundwork for a new military offensive.
3. Assyrian Christians have reported a new attack by ISIS in the city of Hassaké in Syria, where the jihadists were successfully pushed back by local Kurdish militia before the latest insurgence.
4. On Friday Israel accused its Arab neighbors of delaying talks aimed at making the Middle East a region free of nuclear weapons.
5. Iran has recently increased its pressure on Hezbollah and Syria to carry out attacks on the Israel-Syria and Israel-Lebanon borders.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Judges 11:12-13 which reads: “And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim: And they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the Lord to anger. And they forsook the Lord, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from N.T. Wright. He said: “Note something else of great significance about the whole Christian theology of resurrection, ascension, second coming, and hope. This theology was born out of confrontation with the political authorities, out of the conviction that Jesus was already the true Lord of the world who would one day be manifested as such.”