1. Iran on Monday demanded that countries possessing nuclear weapons scrap any plans to modernize or extend the life of their atomic arsenals, while branding Israel a threat to the region due to its presumed nuclear stockpile.
2. An engineer who works on earthquake risks says the 7.8-magnitude temblor that struck on Saturday may not be the Big One for Nepal. GeoHazards International’s Hari Kumar says: “We were expecting an 8-magnitude [quake] to happen along the Himalayas, this is not it.”
3. One of the last American combat units stationed in Europe is asking the government for bigger guns amid rising tensions over Russia’s involvement in the Ukraine conflict.
4. A senior Iranian general said on Monday that the leadership of regional rival Saudi Arabia was on the edge of collapse and would be toppled soon, “God willing.”
5. A senior Hamas official said Israel and Hamas are engaged in indirect “chats” through European mediation. An Israeli official dismissed the report.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Judges 1:1-4 which reads: “Now after the death of Joshua it came to pass, that the children of Israel asked the Lord, saying, Who shall go up for us against the Canaanites first, to fight against them? And the Lord said, Judah shall go up: behold, I have delivered the land into his hand. And Judah said unto Simeon his brother, Come up with me into my lot, that we may fight against the Canaanites; and I likewise will go with thee into thy lot. So Simeon went with him. And Judah went up; and the Lord delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they slew of them in Bezek ten thousand men.”
Our second coming quote for today is from William Freel. He said: “As Christians, we should not be exitists, looking for our going, but adventists, looking for his coming.”