1. A powerful earthquake struck Nepal on Saturday, killing over 1,180 people across a swath of four countries as the violently shaking earth collapsed houses, leveled centuries-old temples and triggered avalanches on Mt. Everest.
2. The Middle East is plunging deeper into an arms race, with an estimated $18 billion expected to be spent on weapons this year, a development that experts warn is fuelling serious tension and conflict in the region.
3. Israel’s air force commander said on Thursday that the use of Israeli military force against Iran’s nuclear facilities would be an act of “last resort,” but part of his role is to ensure that the air force has “the genuine capacity to get the job done” if ordered to do so.
4. The Russian Defense Ministry said on Thursday that U.S. troops were training Ukrainian forces inside the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine, but the Pentagon flatly denied it, accusing Moscow of a “ridiculous attempt” to obscure its own activity in the region.
5. U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said in Washington on Thursday that the U.S. will deliver to Israel fifth generation stealth aircrafts in 2016 as he pledged his country’s firm commitment to defend the Jewish state from its regional enemies.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Joshua 21:43-45 which reads: ” And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand. There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Anthony Ashley Cooper. He said: “The only remedy for all this mass of misery is the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Why do we not plead for it every time we hear the clock strike?”