1. Warplanes from a Saudi-led coalition struck rebel targets in and around the Yemeni cities of Aden and Ibb early on Thursday, after Saudi Arabia indicated its campaign against the Iran-allied movement would be wound down. A Saudi spokesman said forces would continue to target the rebels as it deemed necessary.
2. President Barack Obama warned that the U.S. could penetrate any air defense system Iran has, should a military option be needed, playing down concerns over Russia’s decision to supply advanced S-300 surface-to-air missiles to Tehran.
3. Great Britain and France urged the United Nations Security Council on Tuesday to set a framework to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians as council member New Zealand said it had started working on a draft resolution to kick-start the process.
4. Chinese nuclear experts have warned that North Korea may already have 20 nuclear warheads and the capability to produce enough weapons-grade uranium to double its arsenal by next year.
5. The Calbuco volcano erupted on Wednesday for the first time in more than 42 years, billowing a huge ash cloud over a sparsely populated, mountainous area in southern Chile.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Joshua 11:5-8 which reads: “And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel. And the Lord said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire. So Joshua came, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom suddenly; and they fell upon them. And the Lord delivered them into the hand of Israel, who smote them, and chased them until they left them none remaining.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Chrysostom. He said: “In the first advent God veiled his divinity to prove the faithful; in the second advent he will manifest his glory to reward their faith.”