1. The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is steaming toward the waters off Yemen to beef up security and join other American ships that are prepared to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying weapons to the Houthi rebels fighting in Yemen.
2. A Shiite rebel leader in Yemen vowed to not surrender amid Saudi-led airstrikes in a rambling speech that rejected U.N. efforts to halt violence there, even as the political party of the country’s former leader welcomed international efforts for a cease-fire.
3. A tsunami as big as one metre was forecast to hit the Okinawa island chain after a 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck far-southern Japan.
4. The first French weapons from a $3 billion Saudi-funded program will arrived in Lebanon on Monday as allies seek to bolster the country’s defenses against the Islamic State group and other jihadists pressing along its Syrian border.
5. A senior commander in Iran’s Revolutionary Guard said on Sunday that international nuclear inspectors will be barred from all Iranian military sites under any deal with world powers, setting up a possible standoff as negotiators try to reach a final deal.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Joshua 10:7-10 which reads: “So Joshua ascended from Gilgal, he, and all the people of war with him, and all the mighty men of valour. And the Lord said unto Joshua, Fear them not: for I have delivered them into thine hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee. Joshua therefore came unto them suddenly, and went up from Gilgal all night. And the Lord discomfited them before Israel, and slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and chased them along the way that goeth up to Bethhoron, and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Chrysostom. He said: “In the first advent God veiled his divinity to prove the faithful; in the second advent he will manifest his glory to reward their faith.”