1. Reports coming out of Iraq state that ISIS militants might be just hours away from taking the key city of Ramadi.
2. Japan’s government said on Wednesday that the number of scrambles by the country’s warplanes has surged in recent years to levels nearly matching the Cold War era amid growing activity by China and Russia in the region.
3. Australia’s government said on Tuesday that it had completed preparations to send about 300 additional troops to Iraq and would deploy them over the coming weeks.
4. One of Afghanistan’s most powerful warlords has warned that his country could face a war with the Islamic State if the government does not resolve internal differences and improve the security situation.
5. Ahead of Holocaust Remembrance Day commemorations, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Iran was being emboldened by the emerging nuclear deal with world powers to expand its support for terror activity throughout the region, and warned that Tehran was “grasping the Middle East with arms of terror and blood.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Joshua 6:1-5 which reads: “Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in. And the Lord said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour. And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days. And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams’ horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets. And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Saint Augustine. He said: “That day lies hid that every day we be on the watch.”