1. U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter addressed the possibility of a military option against Iran, saying that bunker buster bombs, meant to penetrate Iran’s underground facilities, are “ready to go.”
2. Islamic State militants attacked the capital of Iraq’s vast Anbar province on multiple fronts, seizing two areas on the city outskirts in a setback for a government campaign to retake the desert terrain.
3. The U.S. has said it will protest what it called the “unsafe and unprofessional” intercept of an American reconnaissance plane by a Russian fighter jet over the Baltic Sea last week.
4. Israeli officials revealed on Monday that the Islamic Republic had stepped up its support for Lebanese Shiite terror group Hezbollah over the past few weeks.
5. Saudi Arabia called on Iran to stop supporting Shiite rebels in Yemen on Sunday but the Saudi Foreign Minister insisted his country was not at war with Tehran.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Joshua 1:1-3 which reads: “Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Saint Augustine. He said: “That day lies hid that every day we be on the watch.”