1. The much-touted preliminary nuclear deal with Iran hit a major stumbling block this week: Iran’s supreme religious leader and the man who calls all the shots in the hardline Islamic country. On Thursday, in Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s first public comments about the nuclear negotiations, he accused the White House of lying, being deceptive and having “devilish” intentions about his country.
2. Pakistan’s parliament voted on Friday not to join the Saudi-led military intervention in Yemen, dashing Saudi Arabia’s hopes for powerful support from outside of the region in its fight to halt Iranian-allied rebels.
3. An officer within the Assyrian leadership says Islamic State militants are demanding up to $30 million in ransom to release the hundreds of Christian hostages in Syria.
4. Weeks before the Indian prime minister visits China, the two countries will discuss whether officers from either side could train at military training academies in each other’s country.
5. A senior Russian intelligence official on Friday warned of the potential influence of the Islamic State group inside Russia, primarily among the Muslims in the North Caucasus provinces.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Deuteronomy 33:28-29 which reads: “The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them. Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew. Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Saint Augustine. He said: “He who loves the coming of the Lord is not he who affirms it is far off, nor is it he who says it is near. It is he who, whether it be far or near, awaits it with sincere faith, stead-fast hope and fervent love.”