1. U.S. negotiators reportedly lowered the bar for their own goals during talks over Iran’s nuclear program in response to resistance from the Tehran team. And, on the heels of a framework deal being announced in Switzerland, France’s top diplomat on Friday admitted his country had initially held out for firmer terms.
2. Russia and the Red Cross appealed on Saturday for a military pause in Yemen to allow urgent humanitarian aid deliveries and evacuation of civilians after 10 days of Saudi-led air strikes and fighting in which hundreds of people have died.
3. Arab news sources have reported that an unidentified jet believed to be from Israel destroyed warehouses in southern Libya that held weapons bought by Iran for Hamas.
4. During a phone call to discuss the Iranian nuclear accords, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told President Obama that the deal with Iran based on the political framework reached in Switzerland between Tehran and the P5+1 group “threatens the survival of the state of Israel.”
5. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said that he was ready to resume peace negotiations with Israel without preconditions, in a marked departure from comments made last month ruling out the possibility of negotiating a two-state solution while Prime Minister Netanyahu was in power.
6. After threatening to send the country to “Israhell” last summer, anti-Israel hackers are promising an “electronic Holocaust” this month.
7. A leading defense and security expert said Israel should “seriously consider” a military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities in the aftermath of the “framework deal” announced between Tehran and western powers.
8. The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday that the Pentagon has been upgrading the biggest bunker-buster bomb in its arsenal even as talks continue over Tehran’s nuclear program, readying a weapon that could destroy Iran’s facilities if negotiations fail.
9. Russian ships docked at what was once a secret Norwegian naval base in the Arctic have prompted concern from the NATO country’s former top military leaders, anxious about its resurgent eastern neighbour roaming nearby.
10. Gov. Jerry Brown this week ordered mandatory water use reductions for the first time in California’s history, saying the state’s four-year drought had reached near-crisis proportions after a winter of record-low snowfalls.
The Bible says in Revelation 17:14: “These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Vance Havner. He said: “The Christian who prepares for the coming of the Lord may be scorned by all who say, ‘Peace and safety!’ He will be eyed as a curiosity by those who, like people of Noah’s day, know not until the flood comes. But when God splits the skies and the stars fall and men cry for the rocks and mountains, that will be his day!”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.