1. Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Arab allies launched air strikes in Yemen against rebel fighters who have tightened their grip on the southern city of Aden where the country’s president had taken refuge.
2. U.S.-led coalition warplanes launched their first airstrikes against Islamic State targets in Tikrit on Wednesday, coming off the sidelines to aid Iraqi forces fighting alongside Iranian-backed militia on the ground.
3. One of the most important reasons why the U.S. is trying to conclude a nuclear deal with Iran is to prevent an Iranian bomb from triggering a nuclear race in the Middle East. Yet even as talks continue now in Switzerland, Tehran’s regional rivals have already begun quietly acting on their own atomic ambitions.
4. A Christian pastor who defended local churches when the Chinese authorities removed church crosses was sentenced to one year in prison.
5. A top Nigerian official has confirmed that hundreds of civilians, including many children, have been kidnapped and are being used as human shields by Boko Haram extremists.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Deuteronomy 29:9-13 which reads: “Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do. Ye stand this day all of you before the Lord your God… That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the Lord thy God, and into his oath, which the Lord thy God maketh with thee this day: That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Piper. He said: “The center of Christianity is the coming of the Son of God into the world as a real man to destroy the works of the devil and create a new people for His own glory. The very heart of our faith is that He did this by obeying the law of God, dying for the sins of His people, rising victorious over death, ascending to God’s right hand with all His enemies under his feet. The second coming of Christ is the completion of His saving work. If you take it away, the whole fabric of His saving work unravels.”