This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for March 22, 2015. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Russia’s ambassador to Denmark said on Saturday that the NATO country’s navy could be targeted by nuclear missiles if it joins the Western alliance’s anti-missile shield.
2. Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei accused the United States on Saturday of using economic pressure and “bullying” to try to turn his countrymen against Islamic rule, underscoring his long-held mistrust of Tehran’s main negotiating partner in nuclear talks.
3. A North Korean envoy says his country has developed nuclear missiles and is prepared to use them at any time.
4. Former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus says the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant is not the biggest threat facing the United States in Iraq.
5. President Obama said he has told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the Israeli leader’s remarks in the closing days of his re-election campaign had upended the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and ran counter to the very nature of Israeli democracy, an unusually forceful and public condemnation of the top official of a vital United States ally.
6. Shiite insurgents called on supporters to attack institutions under the control of Yemen’s embattled president on Saturday amid reports that 100 U.S. troops were preparing to evacuate a base in the southern part of the country after al-Qaeda briefly captured a neighboring city.
7. The Islamic State has posted online what it says are the names, U.S. addresses and photos of 100 American military service members, and called upon its “brothers residing in America” to kill them.
8. Vladimir Putin has proposed creating a regional currency union with Belarus and Kazakhstan, Russia’s partners in a political and economic union made up of former Soviet republics.
9. The commander of the U.S. Northern Command warned that Russia is developing a long-range cruise missile that poses a new threat to the United States.
10. An Iranian ship unloaded more than 180 tons of weapons and military equipment at a Houthi-controlled port in western Yemen.
The Bible says in Isaiah 24:23: “The moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Vance Havner. He said: “The early believers were not looking for something to happen, they were looking for Someone to come. Looking for the train to arrive is one thing, but looking for someone we love to come on that train is another matter.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.