1. Iraqi forces are closing in on the city of Tikrit and could be days away from retaking it from ISIS fighters just over a week after launching a major offensive.
2. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he is not aware that the United States is offering some Arab nations a “nuclear umbrella,” as reported by a Saudi newspaper, but told “Face the Nation” on Sunday that such reports, if true, are troubling.
3. Faced with the high success rate of Israel’s Iron Dome defense system against mid-range rockets, Hamas in the Gaza Strip has reportedly been redoubling its efforts to produce shorter-range projectiles, which proved deadlier during its summer 2014 war with Israel.
4. Russian President Vladimir Putin has revealed that he planned the annexation of Crimea four days before unidentified gunmen appeared in the region.
5. Egyptian and Russian media outlets have been reporting that an advanced Russian surface-to-air missile system, the S-300, has arrived in the Middle East.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Deuteronomy 18:15 which reads: “The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Corrie ten Boom. She said, “Sometimes I get frightened as I read the Bible, and as I look in this world and see all of the tribulation and persecution promised by the Bible coming true. Now I can tell you, though, if you too are afraid, that I have just read the last pages. I can now come shouting, ‘Hallelujah! Hallelujah!’ for I have found where it is written that Jesus said, ‘He that overcometh shall inherit all things: and I will be His God, and he shall be My son.’ This is the future and hope of this world. Not that the world will survive – but that we shall be overcomers in the midst of a dying world.”