1. A senior U.S. military official says the Iraqi military will launch an offensive against fighters from the self-proclaimed Islamic State in the coming months to take back a city that has high strategic and symbolic value.
2. The United States and Turkey have signed an agreement to train and arm Syrian rebels fighting the Islamic State.
3. A U.N. report shows that Iran has refrained from expanding tests of more efficient models of a machine used to refine uranium under a nuclear agreement with six world powers, allaying concerns it might be violating the accord.
4. Infectious disease watchers are again wondering what is going on in Saudi Arabia. Since the beginning of February the Saudis have reported 52 cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome—better known as MERS; 40 have come to light in the past week or so alone.
5. Libya has asked the United Nations to remove an arms embargo so it can better combat Islamic State forces within its borders.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Numbers 21:8-9 which reads: ” And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.”
Our second coming quote for today is this: “Believers should not worry about when Christ is coming, but should encourage one another because they are certain He is coming.”