1. The Syrian campaign is gaining strength and pressing closer to Israel. There are signs that the attack has a more ambitious goal – to reclaim the border with Israel.
2. U.S. intelligence officials said in an updated estimate of a top terrorism concern that foreign fighters are streaming into Syria and Iraq in unprecedented numbers to join the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) or other extremist groups, including at least 3,400 from Western nations among 20,000 from around the world.
3. President Barack Obama asked Congress on Wednesday to formally authorize the use of military force in the war against ISIS.
4. France’s justice minister said the government has dismantled about 15 terrorist networks as part of its wide-ranging campaign to eradicate terrorism within the country’s borders.
5. While Russian military aircraft have stepped up their activity everywhere from the North Sea to the Baltic to the Black Sea in the last year they have also been spotted more frequently closer to U.S. territory in the Arctic.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Leviticus 26:14-16 which reads: “But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning fever, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.”
Our second coming quote for today is from George Eldon Ladd. He said, “Jesus is now the Lord; He is enthroned at the right hand of God; He is reigning in His kingdom. But this is a Lordship and a kingly reign which is known only to believers. It must be confessed by faith. His Second Coming will mean nothing less than the Lordship which is His now will be visible to all the world. When we pray, ‘Thy kingdom come,’ this is what we are praying for: the effectual and universal rule of Christ in all the world, not only over believers.”