1. A previously scheduled White House meeting between President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel took on greater import as both leaders attempted to keep a united front in the midst of a dispute over whether to arm Ukrainian forces battling Russian-backed separatists in the country’s east.
2. The Mideast Quartet principals met in Munich for the first time in a year on Sunday and came out against unilateral Palestinian efforts to get the international community to impose a solution on Israel.
3. A group of Gulf countries denounced the Shiite rebel takeover of Yemen as a “coup” on Saturday, calling for the United Nations to take action as thousands demonstrated in the streets against their power grab.
4. Vladimir Putin was in Egypt on Monday where he gave an interview to Al-Ahram newspaper in which he placed the blame for the Ukraine crisis squarely on the West.
5. The recent surge of terror-related incidents in Europe is pushing demand for security. Europe’s schools, companies and religious institutions looking for trained, experienced high-end security personnel are turning to Israel to meet demands.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Leviticus 26:3-6 which reads: “If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land. And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said, “Before Christ comes it is useless to expect to see a perfect church.”