This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for February 8, 2015. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. A day after French President François Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel presented a new peace plan to Russia’s Vladimir Putin in Moscow, Hollande on Saturday called the proposal “one of the last chances” to avoid war in east Ukraine.
2. Jordan vowed further retaliation against the Islamic State group for the burning alive of one of its pilots, as thousands rallied in Amman on Friday in solidarity with his grieving family.
3. The United Arab Emirates announced on Saturday that it is sending a squadron of F-16 fighter jets to Jordan, resuming its participation in U.S.-led airstrikes on The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
4. North Korea says it has test-fired a new anti-ship cruise missile, a move experts in Seoul see as an attempt to raise tensions ahead of joint military drills between the United States and South Korea.
5. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated once again his promise to stop at nothing to prevent Iran from reaching nuclear capabilities, or maintain the ability to do so quickly through a deal with the west.
6. Britain’s Prince Charles says he fears there will be “very, very few” Christians left in the Middle East after the turmoil wracking the region.
7. Pro-Russian separatists have intensified shelling of government forces on all front lines and appear to be amassing forces for new offensives on the key railway town of Debaltseve and the coastal city of Mariupol.
8. A group of Gulf countries denounced the Shiite rebel takeover of Yemen as a “coup”on Saturday, calling for the United Nations to take action as thousands demonstrated in the streets against their power grab.
9. Iranian officials say the country’s foreign minister has warned the United States that failure to agree to a nuclear deal would likely herald the political demise of pragmatist President Hassan Rouhani, raising the stakes as the decade-old stand-off nears its end-game.
10. The recent surge of terror-related incidents in Europe is pushing demand for security. Europe’s schools, companies and religious institutions looking for trained, experienced high-end security personnel are turning to Israel to meet demands.
The Bible says in Mark 8:38: “Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “Precisely because we cannot predict the moment, we must be ready at all moments.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.