1. Hamas and allied terrorist organizations in Gaza have spent recent months intensively rebuilding their guerrilla terrorist capabilities, which sustained significant damage during Operation Protective Edge last summer.
2. Jordan’s King Abdullah vowed a “relentless” war against the Islamic State on their own territory in response to a video published by the hard-line group showing a captured Jordanian air force pilot being burned alive in a cage.
3. Federal police dismantled an Islamic State group recruiting network in Canada, by arresting a Canadian with ties to ISIS for allegedly helping others join the jihadists.
4. Two diplomats have stated that with time for negotiations running short, the U.S. and Iran are discussing a compromise that would let Iran keep much of its uranium-enriching technology but reduce its potential to make nuclear weapons.
5. The joint chiefs of staff of Iran’s armed forces have established a new ‘soft war’ headquarters to counter threats from Israel and the US, particularly in cyberspace.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Leviticus 23:26-28 which reads: “And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord. And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Frederic Godet. He said, “The Lord’s Supper is a link between the Lord’s First Coming and His Second Coming.”