This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for February 1, 2015. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Thirteen Ukrainian soldiers and at least seven civilians have been killed in fighting in the past 24 hours, as Kiev authorities reported widespread clashes with Russian-backed separatists a day after peace talks collapsed.
2. Outgoing Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in an interview on Friday that the United States might eventually need to send non-combat ground troops to Iraq to help turn back Islamic State forces.
3. The Islamic State group has acknowledged for the first time that its fighters have been defeated in the Syrian town of Kobani and vowed to attack the town again.
4. In his first remarks since a deadly attack in the Sinai region, Egypt’s president has said that the country faces a long and difficult battle with militants.
5. Israel’s air force commander gave an apparently unintended insight into his priorities and preoccupations, when he remarked during comments about the defense budget that Israel might need to send its attack planes to Tehran at very short notice.
6. Islamist insurgents attacked the outskirts of northeast Nigeria’s main city Maiduguri on Sunday, engaging in a gun battle with soldiers that killed at least eight people.
7. President Barack Obama on Saturday denounced the “barbaric” beheading of Japanese journalist Kenji Goto by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. He added,” Standing together with a broad coalition of allies and partners, the United States will continue taking decisive action to degrade and ultimately destroy ISIL.”
8. The head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Maj. Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari, told reporters in Tehran that Hezbollah’s attack against Israel last week was the minimum response to its previous air strike in Syria and that from now on Zionists should not feel safe anywhere in the world.
9. Chadian forces have killed 120 militants from Boko Haram in a battle in the north of neighbouring Cameroon that began when the insurgents attacked its troops. Three Chadian soldiers were killed.
10. The Washington Post has reported that the CIA and Israel’s spy agency Mossad were behind an elaborate plot to kill Hezbollah commander Imad Mughniyeh in a 2008 car bomb attack in Syria.
The Bible says in Revelation 12:7-9: “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said: “Christ will come when he pleases, to show his sovereignty, and will not let us know when, to teach us our duty.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.